Friday, August 31, 2007

Studio mate

If you're ever in Seattle, you should be sure to check out my open studio/retail space named 'stir'. It's located in Pioneer Square, and the deets are at http://www.stirboutique.com/.


But the exciting news is that 'stir' has teamed up with UglyBaby - Rosalie is my new studio mate and sometimes her husband Doug comes too!


UglyBaby creates a whole line of humorous items including cards and such, but primarily focuses on shower art. Oh, you don't know what shower art is?


Each piece is a mixed media collage floating within resin (read, waterproof). And then, each piece is mounted on a suction cup so you can stick it where you like: the shower, your window, wherever! In the words of Rosalie, she's "no dictator."



I can't imagine a better start to my day than a little giggle as I'm washing my hair.


You can find UglyBaby's work at uglybaby.etsy.com or come visit in person the First Thursday evening of every month.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kimberly! I just found this -- you're the sweetest!

kimberly@stir said...

Yw, Rosalie. :) And I meant it too! Teehee.